Monday 26 April 2010

Cheating

So this is what happens when I take a holiday, it all goes to pot.

Well I'm back now and so's the blog after a week's holiday in which I 'cheated' by tackling Snowdon with a friend of mine.

Without wanting to jinx the entire thing, it wasn't tooo bad. I didn't scream once and the hacksaw I'd packed in case I was forced to take my legs off, stayed firmly in my backpack.

Now I just have to do it in the dark. After another two mountains. At 1am in the morning...

...yes, perhaps I'll stay quiet until I've finished.

What I did learn was that I need new socks after a blister appeared on my left foot, and to work in the gym more on my thighs and calves.

The views, as expected, were stunning but it wasn't until you reached the top when you really appreciated them. Whether I'll appreciate them quite as much the next time I'm at the top of Snowdon is quite another matter.

In (slightly) other news, we (read: the girls) raised more than £500 through the charity quiz with the help of about 65 generous and kind-hearted egg heads.

The quiz was held on April 15 at the CPC centre in View Road, Cliffe Woods and went down an absolute treat. A big thank you to everyone who came along and donated to the cause with their hard earned cash.

If you've been on the moon (the only excuse allowed) and not yet sponsored us, but have been dying to, then log on to www.justgiving.co.uk/messengerclimb

No comments:

Post a Comment