Monday 12 April 2010

Accidental exercise

So the girls have been whinging at me to write something for a while now so I thought I'd pop in.

On Saturday I accidentally did some exercise after a 'friend' suggested we meet up for the Spurs Portsmouth FA Cup semi final.

After a flurry of text messages on Friday night he went very quiet. After a couple from me suggesting I called him when I got to the station I had no reply.

So, on Saturday afternoon, in beautiful sunshine I called him from just outside London Bridge tube station, where we arranged to meet.

"You're kidding?"

"Erm, no, what do you mean?"

"You're kidding?"

"No, why?"

"It's on Sunday."

Ah.

Good.

Excellent. And so, as my girlfriend and I were booked into a hotel for the evening, I walked from London Bridge to Marble Arch. About four miles I discovered later. Mitch would be pleased.

Actually, it was a lovely walk, beautiful weather and relatively quiet for central London, until I hit Oxford Street where I had to weave round the inevitable tourists. Even that proved good practise for the goats, boulders and the occasional falling Jenni/Sarah that I will probably meet on Snowdon/Scarfell/Nevis.

In other news, a bomb has been dropped.

My Mum, yes, Mother Keyan, has pledged to join the two girls and I on our challenge. CPC Kent, of course, is delighted. I am not so much. Generally, my mother is not the competitive type. But it seems when she gets in the gym with me she turns into a monster, capable of making Jose Mourinho and Alex Ferguson look like good losers. If I'm about she'll have to make me look like the weakling I am.

And I was so looking forward to 6am on Saturday, May 8.

The Medway Messenger Three Peaks Challenge team is still looking for teams to take part in our charity quiz this Thursday.

The top prize is tips and lunch with a Michelin starred chef, Richard Phillips.

Call 01634 227803 for more information or check the Medway Messenger website at www.medwaymessenger.co.uk


Keyan

No comments:

Post a Comment